We Offer Free Long Distance Move Consultations and Accurate
Upfront Price Quotes with No Obligation!
Packing up an entire household of personal possessions you have accumulated over the years, is a very challenging task indeed. It will test your patience, your organizational skills and require a huge time commitment. While some of our clients prefer to do the packing themselves, most of them would rather leave the packing duties to our professional local and long distance movers who have developed the packing process into an exact science.
Adding our professional packing service to your customized moving plan allows you to focus on the transition ahead, handle family concerns and efficiently monitor the entire moving process without having to make a large time commitment. It is not surprising clients who use our packing services, usually have a more enjoyable and stress-free moving experience.
If you ultimately decide to commit your time and effort towards completing the packing process yourself, we always do our best to offer you as much support as we can in terms of packing tips, techniques and strategies. Below is just a small portion of packing tips and strategies our professional staff members utilize, when we are hired to complete the packing and unpacking process.
Packing Tips to Help You Get Started
– Start with packing items that you do not use often or are out of season. The next group of items to pack should be the items you use every now and then, but not needed on a daily or weekly basis.
– Group items together according to their related categories and based upon how fragile they are.
– Keep all spare parts and accessories related to a particular item in a separate and sealed plastic bag or box.
– Add 2 to 3 inches of crushed paper to the bottom of each packing box
– Label each box with what items are inside, what room they should be delivered to at the new location and if they are fragile
– Clearly mark boxes that should be delivered and unpacked first
– Place smaller boxes and cartons inside of larger boxes and fill with crushed paper for a firm fit
– Always use high quality boxes and packing tape to ensure contents are secure
– Keep an inventory list of all items or rooms that need to be packed and delivered
– Do not over pack boxes and run the risk of damaging items